Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Method

So before I get started, I'll give you a little insight into to my method.  Instead of trying to pretend like I can creatively write about some categories, I separate them out and give them a rating from 1, worst, to 5, best. These categories are:

1. number of times I have been to the restaurant
2. price range
3. whether or not the restaurant is family friendly
4. % of menu that is vegan
5. service rating
6. food rating
7. whether or not the restaurant is a local mainstay

I then give the restaurant an overall rating based on a weighting that I gave to each category. And finally, I normalize the final number back to the 1 to 5 scale. So if a restaurant gets an overall rating of 5, it’s a must eat. And if they are closer to 1, try the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment